Monday, September 26, 2011

Matthew Scott Montgomery



You're not going to believe this, but Disney channel's own Matthew Scott Montgomery recently told me about some of his favorite reads. Matthew Scott stars on Disney's hilarious sketch show So Random. This Disney program is like SNL for teens and preteens (and I laugh along with my kids to the skits). On the hit show, he plays such crazy characters like Angus, Rufus, and Billy.

What does Matthew Scott Montgomery like to read?

Montgomery loves anything by R. L. Stine.
He also enjoyed Hush Hush by Becca Fitzgerald and Sixteenth Summer by Michelle Dalton.
Books he's loved recently include Happyface by Stephen Emond and Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green & David Leviathan.

His favorite book of all time? The Haunted Mask by R.L. Stine.

Thanks, Matthew Scott. Go Positive Ayttitude on reading!
Find out more about Matthew Scott at matthewscottmontgomery.com.
Photo from @irobotyoujane.

Watch MSM in action as Angus looking his beast.

11 comments:

julie fedderson said...

Having to watch hours of Disney is the bane of my existence, since my little boys love it. But now that I know this guy likes R.L.Stine, I feel a little better! Thanks, Kelly!

Anita said...

This is cool! I'm checking with my kiddos to see if they've read these books.

Laura Pauling said...

That's cool. Very funny scene! :)

Samantha VĂ©rant said...

Man, they blocked the video in my country. I'll have to do something about that! Anyway, I've been meaning to read Will Grayson. That situtation is easily rectified!

DEZMOND said...

it's nice to hear that youngsters read books these days, especially the celebs since they are role models

Kelly Polark said...

Julie - Disney is on quite a bit at this house, too!
Anita - I love the long list that he gave me! Lots to choose from.
Laura - It is hilarious. He creates such memorable, hysterical characters.
Samantha - I've been wanting to read Will Grayson too!
Dezz- I agree. That is one reason why I started this blog. If preteens, teens, adults see what their fave celeb is reading, maybe they will pick the book up too!

Elizabeth Miles said...

Nice choices! I'm also a big RL Stine fan...
Also this clip is kind of hysterical.

Susan Fields said...

I have to admit, that Supermodel skit does make me laugh! Thanks for sharing his picks!

Kelly Polark said...

Elizabeth - Thanks for stopping by! When I was a teacher, the kids gravitated toward the RL Stine.
Susan - It's funny, isn't it?!

Jonathon Arntson said...

Will Grayson, Will Grayson!! Woohoo! I am using this page to make my nephew read that book.

VaVaVroom said...

Go Billy!!!