Thursday, September 8, 2011

John Taylor



John Taylor is the bassist for the popular British band Duran Duran. I had their posters on my bedroom wall in junior high. This was one of them. Photobucket


I've seen Duran Duran live many times and will continue to go see them on tour. Yes, this rocker girl is a Duranie.

Sixth grade me was screaming when John told me what he is currently reading. "I recently got turned on to The Slap," JT tweeted me. The Slap is by Australian author Christos Tsiolkas.

From Barnes & Noble:
"Winner of the 2009 Commonwealth Writers' Prize, Christos Tsiolkas's The Slap is a riveting page-turner and a powerful, haunting rumination on contemporary middle-class family life. When a man slaps a child who is not his own at a neighborhood barbecue, the act triggers a series of repercussions in the lives of the people who witness the event-causing them to reassess their values, expectations, and desires."
Duran Duran will be starting their U.S. tour with Neon Trees in just a few weeks. You can find out more about the band at duranduran.com.

Photo from Luz A Villa.

13 comments:

Susan Fields said...

Ooh - that sounds like an interesting book! I haven't heard of it before. I mentioned this on your other blog, but I, too, had posters of John Taylor in my bedroom in junior high. It's fun to see what he looks like now!

Anita said...

PRINT THAT TWEET! MAKE INTO A POSTER! COVER YOUR BEDROOM WALLS WITH IT!

Denise Maple said...

JT is my favorite! And the book sounds really interesting.

Tina Laurel Lee said...

I love this! And the new blog is great. Finally getting un-swamped enough to check it out! Way to go, JT!

MG Higgins said...

So cool! You're becoming the celeb-reading guru!

Suzanne Casamento said...

Ooo! Sounds like an interesting read. I can only imagine the chain of drama sparked by that slap.

I'm loving the rockin' readers!

LTM said...

what an interesting-sounding book. And ho, man. I had that poster, too. JT was h-o-t, HOT. LOL! :D

Kelly said...

Susan - I hadn't heard of the book either. It sounds very interesting!
And yes, JT is still swoonworthy!
Anita - I did take a picture of the tweet. :)
Denise - One of my fave concerts is when you and I saw them at the House of Blues and JT was right in front of us!
Thanks so much, Tina!
Mel - Come here for all of your celeb book recommendation needs. :)
Suz - Thanks, Suz and THANKS for a future post. :)
LTM - AGREED!

Bish Denham said...

Oh man, I'm in agreement with everyone else. Sounds like a thought provoking book.

DEZMOND said...

sounds like a thought provoking book!

storyqueen said...

How did I miss John Taylor!!

Sigh.

Nicki Elson said...

Ooh, that sounds like an interesting story. So he's smart and cute, eh?

Suze said...

What a cool idea for a blog.