Sunday, September 18, 2011

James Michael



James Michael is the melodic voice of the band Sixx: A.M. Sixx: A.M.'s hit song "Life is Beautiful" topped the rock charts in 2007. Their newest album released in May and has already produced hits like "Lies of the Beautiful People" and my favorite from the album, "This is Gonna Hurt." I was able to see them live on their only tour so far for Cruefest. I hope they tour again.

Besides fronting this killer rock band, Michael is also a producer and songwriter. He's worked with Papa Roach, Alanis Morissette, Motley Crue, Meat Loaf, and many more artists.

I recently asked James what he is reading. He replied, "Right now I'm reading Keith Richards Life." He continued, "For some reason I read WAY more books on my ipad than I ever did with the actual hard cover books."

You can find out more about James at jamesmichael.net.
Photo from @james_a_michael

Take a listen to their latest single.

8 comments:

DEZMOND said...

never heard of him either, but I do love that he worked with Meatloaf. I do like him a lot!

Elliot MacLeod-Michael said...

I want one of those NOOKs. Maybe I would start reading beyond the blogosphere if I had one.

CHULALA said...

lets follow each other
chuchu-chulala.blogspot.com/

Bish Denham said...

Well...that video was disturbing to me, but I guess that's the whole point. I wonder what I would have taken away from the song if I had just listened to it and not watched it.

Jonathon Arntson said...

That Kieth Richards book is popular! I'll admit to picking it up a few times and thinking about getting it.

George Anderson said...

Sounds great. Thanks for sharing!

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

Interesting that he reads more on the ipad.

VaVaVroom said...

A lot of rockers love the Keith Richards book!