Monday, October 17, 2011

Nikki Sixx


Nikki Sixx is one of my all time favorite musicians. He is bassist and song writer for three awesome bands: Motley Crue, Sixx: A.M., and Brides of Destruction (who are no longer together). I've seen all three bands live, and they are amazing. My fave Crue songs? "Wild Side" and "Afraid." I also love Sixx: A.M.'s newest single, "This is Gonna Hurt."

Besides being a rock star, Nikki is also an author. He co-authored The Dirt with the four members of Motley Crue. It's shocking, entertaining, and interesting to see each band member's view of the same ole situations. Nikki also wrote The Heroin Diaries and most recently This is Gonna Hurt which also showcases his photography. Sixx:A.M. released a killer album of the same name to go along with the book. Nikki also has a clothing line with Kelly Gray called Royal Underground which I have a few cool items from. You can listen to his radio show, Sixx Sense, on select radio stations or online nightly. Yes, he is one busy man.

What is Nikki currently reading? Sixx tweeted yesterday that he is reading Guns 'n' Roses/Velvet Revolver bassist Duff McKagan's autobiography It's So Easy: And Other Lies. Nikki went on to say that the book is "Well written, honest and extremely interesting....Nice to read a book by an artist who doesn't slag his ex band too."

Nikki is very active on Twitter and Facebook, follow him!
Oh, and looky here! Here's me and Nikki before a Crue concert!

Photobucket

17 comments:

Jonathon Arntson said...

I wonder what these rockers read to their kids!

Anita said...

It seems like a lot of these rockers like bios. Interesting. Maybe they're thinking of penning their own, so they're doing research?

What does your hubby think of you hanging with these guys? And do you know what the neck tattoo reads?

Suzanne Casamento said...

I gotta read more rocker bios. Their stories are INSANE. Maybe Mikki Sixx's books are next! :)

Kelly Polark said...

Jon - I'm hoping to get those recommendations at some point as well, too!
Anita - True.Some may be. Or maybe seeing if they are in the book! :) Nikki's three books are autobiographical.
And my husband tolerates my love for rockers. Tolerates. Does not love it!
Suz - I love rocker bios. And Nikki's 3 books that he has already published are autobiographical.

julie fedderson said...

I worship you. Love Motley Crue and when I've seen Nikki talk about his experiences with getting sober I just thought he was such a humble guy. Love this series!

LynNerd said...

How cool is that that you got to meet Nikki and get your pic with him! Love your new blog! Very cool.

Kelly Polark said...

Thanks, Julie! I love the Crue (and Nikki's other band Sixx AM & believe it or not I have a small cameo in a Brides of Destruction music video!).
Thank you Lynn for stopping by and following! Much appreciated!

Kim Kasch said...

Fun and interesting :)

DEZMOND said...

never heard of him either, but I like how you shine in that pic next to him, Kels :) I'm shocked that you haven't married a rock star :)

Susan Fields said...

Wow - he is a busy man! And I love your picture with him - you have such a wonderful smile!

Kelly Polark said...

Thanks, Kim!
Dezz - Thanks! :) And I don't think I could handle being married to a rock star!!
Thanks so much, Susan!

Draven Ames said...

Sixx is lucky to have you for a fan. Great article. I was a huge G'N'F'N'R fan, back as a kid. I'd be interested in reading Duff's autobiography. One thing you could count on at any Guns N' Roses concert was that they would always be late.

Draven

MG Higgins said...

That's a super picture. You're such a rockette, Kelly! It makes sense that a musician would be reading a book in his "genre."

Kelly Polark said...

Draven - I've only been to one GnR concert, and luckily it wasn't terribly late. I've heard Axl would make fans wait hours! They are touring this fall.
Mel- Thanks!Yes, it does. And I'm sure Nikki and Duff are friends in the business, so all the more reason to read it.

Missed Periods said...

"Same ole situations"

Nice!

Denise Maple said...

I love Nikki Sixx too. I was there when you took a picture with him once too!

Angela Ackerman said...

Ahhhhh! You and Nikki! OMG, could you GET any cooler?

Angela