Monday, October 24, 2011

Gavin Rossdale



Gavin Rossdale is the British lead singer of alternative rock band, Bush. I've seen Gavin Rossdale live after his solo album came out and recently with Bush. Gavin is very energetic frontman and makes the women swoon while he's singing onstage. Some of Bush's biggest hits include "Machinehead" and "Comedown." Gavin also achieved success with his solo hit, "Love Remains the Same."

What is the last book that Gavin loved? He answered, Blood, Bones & Butter by Gabrielle Hamilton in the October 17, 2011 issue of People magazine.

He added, "I would have been a cook if I hadn't been a musician."
What? He's handsome, talented, AND he cooks? Gwen is one lucky gal!

I also recently asked Gavin what his fave book to read was and what he reads to his two young sons. He tweeted, "Paul Auster-Moon Palace- books every night for the boys."

Good to hear that rockers read to their children!
You can follow Gavin on Twitter and check out Bush's website.
Photo by me.

Bush's latest album was released last month. Here is "The Sound of Winter."

16 comments:

Anita said...

I've never heard of MOON PALACE! *biting nails* Must read now!

Christina Lee said...

OOohh I saw that in my People (LOVE that mag)!!!!

Jackee said...

Reads to his kids! How awesome that they take time for that too. I can just imagine him and Gwen on the bed reading as a fam... lol.

Thanks, Kelly! How is life? :o)

LTM said...

I've never really kept up w/Bush, but Mr. GS is def. hot. And that Blood book is new to me, too! Interesting. Thanks, Kel! :D <3

Kelly Polark said...

Anita - I'd never heard of that book either. I linked to the synopsis at B&N on the post if anyone wants to check it out.
Christina - I love People, too, but I don't subscribe. I have a deputy reporter that does that mails me the celeb reader info!
Jackee - I'm so glad to hear when parents are reading to their children. It is surprising how many don't on a regular basis.
And life is good, thanks. :)
LTM- He is definitely easy on the eyes!

julie fedderson said...

He cooks and reads to the kids? And then has the nerve to look like that? Oh, Gwen's a lucky, lucky girl.

Tara said...

Love them. He and Gwen are the cutest couple - I hope they prove the exception to the celeb marriage rule!

Denise Maple said...

I love Gavin!

DEZMOND said...

Auster for kids? Strange, I must admit!
Didn't know he was British!

Kelly Polark said...

Julie - I'll say!
Tara - I agree. I hope they beat the Hollywood odds.
Denise - Thanks for always going with me to see him live!
Dezz- I think he may have meant that for his fave book.

Susan Fields said...

It IS good to know rockers read to their children - somehow you never imagine them doing that.

Kristi said...

Seriously, could he get any more AWESOME?? (You and I both know the answer to that...LOL)

Thanks for the heads up on this post...now off to check out these moon palace books...bet my little guy would love them!

Kristi said...

Okay, added Moon Palace to my Goodreads list, but that one definitely wasn't for the kids. LOL. :P

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

OMGoodness, who have you not seen in concert?

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

Awww, I love that he reads to his kids! So, he's handsome, talented, likes to cook, and reads to his kids. I'm officially impressed. ; )

Lydia Kang said...

This is the coolest blog ever! Gavin is too cool for words.