Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Patrick Sharp

I thought I'd mix it up a bit, and put a sports figure up at the ole book rec site today.
So hockey fans, I give you the amazing Patrick Sharp today!

Patrick Sharp plays right wing for the Chicago Blackhawks who, of course, won the Stanley Cup in 2010. He's one of the leading scorers for the Blackhawks, and unfortunately a recent hand injury will sideline him for 3-4 weeks.
Sharp is handsome, athletic, and yes, he reads.

What's one of Patrick Sharp's favorite books?

According to this week's Chicago Tribune magazine, Patrick lists Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell as a favorite read.

From barnesandnoble.com
Lone Survivor is the story of the only survivor of Operation Redwing, fire team leader Marcus Luttrell, and the extraordinary firefight that led to the largest loss of life in American Navy SEAL history.
You can find out more about the Chicago Blackhawks at www.blackhawks.nhl.com.
Go Blackhawks!

7 comments:

DEZMOND said...

never heard of him, but I like what I see :) I don't like what he reads, but I applaud people and especially athletes who at least read something. Bravo for that.

Tina Laurel Lee said...

LONE SURVIVOR has been so important to so many people. The book always shows up in my life when I least expect it. I love the way it has come up again here for me. Cool, Kelly!

nutschell said...

Sounds like a great book! Nice to know athletes also enjoy a good read.

By the way, CONGRATULATIONS! Come and claim your prize!

Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Kelly Polark said...

Dezz - It is wonderful to see athletes picking up a book!
Tina - I've heard wonderful things about this book, too.
Nutschell - YAY! Thanks so much!

Anita said...

You know I read constantly, and Lone Survivor is in my Top Ten ever. That book changed my life and I'm glad to see this (handsome) young man was affected by it, too.

Thanks, Kelly!

Jonathon Arntson said...

Go Redwings.

And LONE SURVIVOR is a very moving read.

Denise said...

Go Hawks!