Tuesday, January 31, 2012

C. Thomas Howell



C. Thomas Howell has been one of my favorite actors since I was ten years old. He, of course, won me over as Ponyboy in The Outsiders. I loved the movie and the book by S.E. Hinton. Ponyboy holds the honor of my favorite literary and movie character of all time.Photobucket

Tommy is also known for his early roles in Red Dawn and The Hitcher. He's guest starred in over 100 movies and television shows since then. You may have watched his stirring portrayals on ER or on Criminal Minds as the Reaper. Howell currently guest stars on TNT's show Southland on Tuesday nights as hilariously inappropriate Officer Dewey. I started watching this season, and I'm hooked! He can also be seen in the upcoming The Amazing Spiderman movie.

I recently asked Tommy about his favorite books.

Tommy answered, "One of my fav books is The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara. It's based on the battle of Gettysburg, and it's a wonderful read!"

Howell starred in Gettysburg and Gods and Generals, both Civil War era movies.

"The other I'd recommend for kids is The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein! A beautiful story that I've loved for years!"

One of my faves, too! Thanks, Tommy!

You can follow C. Thomas Howell on Twitter here. He's quickwitted and friendly to his fans. He also banters with S.E. Hinton on Twitter too. Fun stuff.
Photo from @cthomashowell.