Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Nikki Sixx

Nikki Sixx is a man of many trades. He's the bassist and songwriter of two successful bands (Motley Crue and Sixx: A.M.). Nikki recently won Best Bassist at Revolver Golden Gods awards. He has his own radio show (Sixx Sense) and a clothing line (Royal Underground). He's authored three books - The Dirt, The Heroin Diaries, and This Is Gonna Hurt. Sixx threw out the first pitch at the Dodger's game last month. He's even been featured here before (and will be again if I have anything to do about it!).

What is Nikki Sixx reading?

A few days ago Nikki tweeted, "Finishing Gregg Allman book tonight. Great book for fans of the 70's." This autobiography is titled My Cross To Bear.

You can follow Nikki on Facebook and Twitter.
Photo from Nikki's Twitter account.

Here's Nikki and a pregnant me after a Brides of Destruction concert.
I was a little starstruck...You can see a better pic of he and I here.
Photobucket

And check out Sixx: A.M.'s single, "Are You With Me Now?"

13 comments:

Stina Lindenblatt said...

I used to be a huge fan of his. I wondered what he was up to. :)

Christina Lee said...

Of COURSE you have a photo with him, you rocker mama!!!

Suzanne Casamento said...

Wow! I had no idea he had a radio show, a clothing line and all those books. Way to maximize his brand! :)

nutschell said...

Wow, he is one busy guy! Love how he's branched out from music as well:)
Nutschell
www.thewritingnut.com

Mark Koopmans said...

Hey Kelly,

Found you via Nutscell's interview.

This is a fun idea for a blog, and I'm a new follower waiting for Dave Gahan's (Depeche Mode) book list :)

Kelly Polark said...

Stina - He seems so busy!!
Christina - Ha! I try.
Suzanne - Yes, and he's a photographer too!
Nutschell - He seems to have his hand in a bit of everything!
Mark - Great idea! I will certainly try!

DEZMOND said...

I bet he was proud to pose on the pic with a hottie like you, Kelso :P

LynNerdKelley said...

Great interview, Kelly. How cool that he's an author, too! I'm a fan of the '70s! I loved the Allman Brothers. I'll never forget Eat a Peach. That was so sad.

Missed Periods said...

My high school boyfriend dressed up as Nikki Sixx for Halloween.

Susan Oloier said...

Love the photos of you and Nikki!
I heard a bit of his radio show while we were on the road to Idaho.

Ganesh Chella said...

Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Helping Organisations

Ganesh Chella said...

Thanks for the information... I really love your blog posts... specially those on Helping Organisations

Cynthia Chapman Willis said...

Somehow I'm not surprised that he read Gregg Allman's book.