Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Jason Derulo



Jason Derulo has accomplished a lot so far in his 22 years. Derulo won a Teen Choice award for "Choice R&B Album" in 2010. Jason Derulo's self-titled debut sold over 850,000 copies with three Top Ten hits ("Whatcha Say," "In My Head" and "Ridin' Solo.") His follow up album Future History was released in September featuring popular songs, "It Girl" and "Don't Wanna Go Home."

Derulo's website stated that the musician injured himself while training for his worldwide tour. He suffered an acute fracture to his vertebra and must wear a neck brace for the next few months. The remaining tour dates are canceled for now.
What is Jason reading?
In the February 27 issue of People magazine, Jason shares, "The Jay-Z book Decoded. He's had a huge impact on music - He's much bigger than hip-hop. I wanted to get into the mind of Jay-Z."
You can find out more about Derulo at www.jasonderulo.com and follow him on Twitter.
Photo byAdam Bielawski.

10 comments:

DEZMOND said...

his latest album is amazing, BREATHING especially, that song features folk voices from my part of the world and is simply enchanting. I also adore FIGHT FOR YOU, an amazing cover, can't stop dancing when I hear it :)
He himself is a bit funny, kinda like gay Toni Braxton :) and has an unpleasant screeching voice, but has a killer body and nice moves. Love most of his other songs too.

Susan Fields said...

Yikes - acute fracture to his vertebra? Sounds very painful! I'm always amazed to find out what these celebrities are reading, especially all the non-fiction. Fascinating!

Kelly Polark said...

Dezz- That is one glowing review of his music! Love it!
Susan- I love finding the variety of books that others read. It is fascinating!

julie fedderson said...

Okay, I've only superficial knowledge of this artist, but Dez's review made me go straight to Itunes. Definitely a talented guy! I love finding new music.

DEZMOND said...

oh, ladies, I can't believe you loved my review :) You must visit YouTube and check out the videos for BREATHING and FIGHT FOR YOU! I had both videos featured at HOLLYWOOD SPY for a few weeks this winter:)

Jemi Fraser said...

Sounds like a scary injury - hope he heals okay!

Christina Lee said...

Okay Dez, I'm going--he's convincing, Kelly! :D

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Yikes! a fractured vertebra! I hope he is on his way to recovery...

LynNerdKelley said...

Wow, Jason has accomplished so much for one so young! I hope that fracture heals fast. That's a bummer.

Lydia Kang said...

I don't know this guy well at all--thanks for this post!