Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Billy Idol

Photo by me.

Billy Idol is a Grammy nominated rock musician from England. He's known for his many platinum albums and hits in the 80's like "White Wedding," "Dancing With Myself," and "Rebel Yell." The 90's brought hit songs like "Cradle of Love." Idol has appeared in VH1's Behind the Music and VH1 Storytellers. In 2009, Idol’s first in-concert DVD “In Super Overdrive Live” was released. Billy has tour dates in the northwestern US this month.


What is Billy Idol reading?

Billy tweeted on Sunday, "Just finished reading Pete Townshend 'Who I Am': Memoir...very good!"

You can find out more about Billy at www.billyidol.net and follow him on Twitter.


Idol won an Mtv Video Music Award with this song, "Cradle of Love." Check it out!

10 comments:

Susan Fields said...

It's good to know Billy Idol's a reader - I wouldn't have guessed it!

DEZMOND said...

that's my fave song and video of his :)

E.J. Wesley said...

If you had told me in 1989 that Billy was a cerebral man, I'd have laughed. (I was also eleven at the time, so if you had burped, I probably would have laughed at that, too.) Dude was rock and roll to the bone in his day. Probably still is! :-D

Thought of you this weekend, Kelly! I was at the Austin City Limits Music Festival for all three days. It was awesome! Heard some great modern performances (Jack White, Black Keys, Florence + Machine, etc.) as well as some legends (Neil Young, Iggy and the Stooges, etc.). A music nerd's paradise, for sure. I like to think I rocked out enough for all of us.

Anita said...

Man, I knew it would be a memoir. I should've made a bet with you that I could guess genre. Next time!

LynNerdKelley said...

That video was a kick! I hadn't seen it before. It figures that a rock star would be reading a memoir about another rock star! Cool!

Missed Periods said...

I love that video!

Kelly Polark said...

Susan - I love finding out when rockers are readers!
Dezz - It's a good one!
EJ- That sounds like an amazing time! I saw Billy live a few years ago, pretty great!
Anita - Next time put your guess in the fb comments! :)
Lyn - Pretty cool video. I spent a lot of my youth watching music videos including this one!
Jenny - Pretty great blast from the past!

Sharon K. Mayhew said...

Billy Idol still rocks! LOL and of course you saw him live...Who haven't you seen???

Christina Lee said...

COOL BEANS!!

Susan Oloier said...

I think it's awesome that Billy Idol is reading about Pete Townshend! I love these posts!